Four years ago, when I joined this company, I never thought that I would have moved around five different buildings.
Could this be a record for such a short space of time (considering my job is not mobile and I am based at one site only)?
As today is a bit of a slow day, I began to raid the memory bank and mentally list all the places where I have been paid to turn up and vaguely look like I have a clue about what I am doing there. Then I thought it would be better to write them down because my memory bank is never in credit.
Of course, I will not be stating company names, just the locations but it does seem however, that I am a bit of a nomad because this is in a similar vein as a previous post I wrote many moons ago about my past homes. Is this a bit of a pattern in my life, I wonder?
Anyway, here goes and I am going to include my Saturday job as this was technically the first paid job I had and for a short time from when I left school to when I started college, I worked there, full time.
- Tunbridge Wells
- Lewisham – first job as a Beauty Therapist
- Regent Street
- Oxford Street
- Marble Arch – 2 buildings on the same road
- Pall Mall – 1st job after Beauty Therapy, 4 desks/roles/floors
- Regent Street – 4 desks, 2 roles, 3 floors
- King’s Cross – first temp job after being made redundant
- King’s Cross – back again!
- Euston area
- Elephant and Castle – 2 desks
- Euston area – back as before, 3 desks
Quite a lot of buildings, roles and moves in my working life. I’m looking forward to retiring!